HORIZON 2020 > AQUASENSE
Innovative Network for Training in wAter and Food QUality monitoring using Autonomous SENSors and IntelligEnt Data Gathering and Analysis
project reference: 813680
This multi-site network provides early stage researchers the unparalleled multidisciplinary training in the field of water quality through autonomous sensors and autonomous deployment.
Start Date >> 10/01/2018
End date >> 09/30/2022
Duration >> 48 Months
Actual cost >> 4.06 M€
Participating countries >> UK, SERBIA, POLAND, IRELAND, ITALY, AUSTRIA, GERMANY, ESTONIA, SWEDEN
AQUASENSE (Innovative Network for Training in wAter and Food QUality monitoring using Autonomous SENSors and IntelligEnt Data Gathering and Analysis) is a multi-site Innovative Training Network (ITN) comprising reputed research teams from several european countries. The mission is to offer early stage reseachers excellent training opportunities and stimulate their creativity and entrepreneurship skills leading to an exceptional career prospect in academia, industry or public services. Network brings together a multidisciplinary consortium with world-leading complementary expertise.
The major research and training objectives of AQUASENSE ITN are to:
- train young researchers in multidisciplinary fields of sensing technologies for water (and water based food) quality monitoring such asNanostructured Materials, Physical-Chemical-Biological (PCB) Sensors, Fabrication Technologies, Flexible Electronics, additive manufacturing, Robotics, Communication and AI,
- developing autonomous multisensory systems/nodes with dedicated electronics and wireless communication modules,
- strategies for intelligent deployment of sensors using autonomous robotic vehicles,
- improve data analysis and prediction by with intelligent data analytics including using artificial intelligence (AI) tools,
- leverage the strength of the EU in strategic field of water and food quality monitoring and contributing towards strengthening of Europe’s human resources, social wellbeing and industry competitiveness.
- University Of Glasgow , United Kingdom
- Univerzitet U Novom Sadu Fakultet Tehnickih Nauka,Serbia
- Instytut Technologii Elektronowej, Poland
- University College Cork - National University Of Ireland, Cork Ireland
- Fondazione Bruno Kessler, Italy
- Ctr Carinthian Tech Research Ag, Austria
- Evologics Gmbh, Germany
- West Aquila Srl, Italy
- Aktsiaselts Toidu - Ja Fermentatsioonitehnoloogia Arenduskeskus, Estonia
- Linkopings Universitet, Sweden
- The University Of Exeter, United Kingdom
- The University Of Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- Scottish Environment protection Agency
- Plymouth Marine laboratory
The project is funded by the European Comission as part of the Horizon 2020 program (H2020-EU.1.3.1., contract no. 813680).
For more information, please see the project website and CORDIS website.